*Kevin Costner revealed in an upcoming interview with Anderson Cooper that he reached out to Whitney Houston, his co-star in “The Bodyguard,” as she struggled with substance abuse by writing to her.
“There are some people that really love Whitney, and a couple times during the last seven, eight years, asked me, would I write her a letter?” Costner tells Cooper. “When someone says, will you write a letter to someone who you know is having trouble … I did. I don’t know if those letters were ever read.”
Houston died on Feb. 11 at the age of 48. She was found face down in the tub of her suite at the Beverly Hilton hotel by a member of her personal staff, and efforts to revive her were unsuccessful.
Asked by Cooper if Houston was struggling with substance abuse while filming “The Bodyguard,” which was released in 1992, Costner replied, “Not that I know of, no … I elected to let Whitney have her life after ‘The Bodyguard.'”
Costner delivered a stirring speech at Houston’s funeral. Recalling how Houston was uncertain about her acting abilities while preparing to film “The Bodyguard,” Costner said, “Whitney, if you could hear me now, I would tell you that you weren’t just good enough; you were great … a lot of guys could have played part, but you were the only person who could have played Rachel Marron at that time.”
Costner’s appearance on “Anderson” will air in May. Watch the Whitney portion of the interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here