*Kevin Costner revealed in an upcoming interview with Anderson Cooper that he reached out to Whitney Houston, his co-star in “The Bodyguard,” as she struggled with substance abuse by writing to her.
“There are some people that really love Whitney, and a couple times during the last seven, eight years, asked me, would I write her a letter?” Costner tells Cooper. “When someone says, will you write a letter to someone who you know is having trouble … I did. I don’t know if those letters were ever read.”
Houston died on Feb. 11 at the age of 48. She was found face down in the tub of her suite at the Beverly Hilton hotel by a member of her personal staff, and efforts to revive her were unsuccessful.
Asked by Cooper if Houston was struggling with substance abuse while filming “The Bodyguard,” which was released in 1992, Costner replied, “Not that I know of, no … I elected to let Whitney have her life after ‘The Bodyguard.'”
Costner delivered a stirring speech at Houston’s funeral. Recalling how Houston was uncertain about her acting abilities while preparing to film “The Bodyguard,” Costner said, “Whitney, if you could hear me now, I would tell you that you weren’t just good enough; you were great … a lot of guys could have played part, but you were the only person who could have played Rachel Marron at that time.”
Costner’s appearance on “Anderson” will air in May. Watch the Whitney portion of the interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here