And then comes that moment, when you see them on a TV screen and you’re shocked.
Examples of that range from Teena Marie, Joss Stone and Robin Thicke, to name a few.
Our partners over at MadameNoire decided to give us a list of the top 10 white singers who at one point, black America thought were black.
Where would this list be without Lady Tee!? The late singer was probably one of the first singers out there to confuse the listening public with her soulful, powerhouse voice back when she made her debut. It was also probably because when she first came out, her debut album, Wild and Peaceful, didn’t have her picture on it, and her hit song, “I’m Just a Sucker For Your Love” placed on the “Black Singles Chart” (no such thing now). Black or white though, Marie’s voice was one of a kind. “Square Biz” is my ish by the way!
Check out the rest of the list at MadameNoire
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here