He attempted to explain the piece of jewelry to police at La Guardia airport, but they detained him and confiscated his ring.
“They tried to assassinate my character, they tried to assassinate my swag,” 2 Chainz, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, told MTV News after his release from jail on Tuesday. “It was just a negative dilemma earlier where someone misconstrued a piece of jewelry for a weapon and stuff.”
He was charged with a misdemeanor possession of a weapon, but he eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge after spending nine hours behind bars.
The rapper didn’t get his ring or expensive Louis Vuitton case back, but he’s putting the incident behind him and moving forward.
“I don’t find [jail] intriguing, you’re supposed to make your mistakes during adolescence and use these times right here to kinda fix some of the things you did in the past so with me I’m doing “Respect My Vote,” I’m doing all kind of things to try to have some positive news,” he shared.
The MC, who’s currently on Drake‘s Club Paradise tour, wis set to release his debut album, “Based on a T.R.U. Story,” on Aug. 14.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here