He attempted to explain the piece of jewelry to police at La Guardia airport, but they detained him and confiscated his ring.
“They tried to assassinate my character, they tried to assassinate my swag,” 2 Chainz, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, told MTV News after his release from jail on Tuesday. “It was just a negative dilemma earlier where someone misconstrued a piece of jewelry for a weapon and stuff.”
He was charged with a misdemeanor possession of a weapon, but he eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge after spending nine hours behind bars.
The rapper didn’t get his ring or expensive Louis Vuitton case back, but he’s putting the incident behind him and moving forward.
“I don’t find [jail] intriguing, you’re supposed to make your mistakes during adolescence and use these times right here to kinda fix some of the things you did in the past so with me I’m doing “Respect My Vote,” I’m doing all kind of things to try to have some positive news,” he shared.
The MC, who’s currently on Drake‘s Club Paradise tour, wis set to release his debut album, “Based on a T.R.U. Story,” on Aug. 14.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here