Singer extraordinaire Al Jarreau was scheduled to sing at The Centre at Lexus Escondido tonight, but because he became ill, the venue has cancelled the concert hall has cancelled the performance.
A source close to the situation told TMZ he was taken to the hospital, however the nature of his illness was not revealed.
Back in 2010 Jarreau was hospitalized in France for several days due to respiratory problems.
Jarreau, who is 72, has won 6 Grammys … including one was recent as 2007… and nominated for 12 more.
By the way, the entire concert was not canceled — George Duke, who is also on the bill, is still scheduled to perform.
Let’s all say a prayer for Mr. Jarreau. In the meantime, enjoy his magical voice as he performs one our favorite songs, “Mornin'” from his Best of Al Jarreau album:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here