Moments before passing out, Amber Riley poses for pictures at the Glee Academy Screening a d Q&A, Leonard H Goldenson Theatre, North Hollywood (May 1, 2012)
*Within hours of news breaking that “Glee” star Amber Riley fainted during a red carpet event on Tuesday, folks began speculating about the cause – with message boards and blogs suggesting pregnancy, an eating disorder or diabetes.
The 26-year-old, who was attending a “Glee” panel presentation at the TV Academy of Arts and Sciences in North Hollywood when she fainted in the middle of a press interview, blamed the incident on the flashing of camera bulbs and assured fans she just got “a little dizzy” but was “fine.”
In response to the rumors, she tweeted Today: “Lol. Let me stop the rumor mill right now. I’m not pregnant! Yes I’m black but I don’t have diabetes, I don’t starve myself to fit clothes; I buy clothes to fit ME not vice versa, I Do Not Diet; I eat right and exercise!
“I love myself waaaay more than I like my career. I would never ever put myself in harm’s way to mirror any ‘image’.
“Come on ppl. Get a life. I did get a great laugh this morning reading all the BS though.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here