Moments before passing out, Amber Riley poses for pictures at the Glee Academy Screening a d Q&A, Leonard H Goldenson Theatre, North Hollywood (May 1, 2012)
*Within hours of news breaking that “Glee” star Amber Riley fainted during a red carpet event on Tuesday, folks began speculating about the cause – with message boards and blogs suggesting pregnancy, an eating disorder or diabetes.
The 26-year-old, who was attending a “Glee” panel presentation at the TV Academy of Arts and Sciences in North Hollywood when she fainted in the middle of a press interview, blamed the incident on the flashing of camera bulbs and assured fans she just got “a little dizzy” but was “fine.”
In response to the rumors, she tweeted Today: “Lol. Let me stop the rumor mill right now. I’m not pregnant! Yes I’m black but I don’t have diabetes, I don’t starve myself to fit clothes; I buy clothes to fit ME not vice versa, I Do Not Diet; I eat right and exercise!
“I love myself waaaay more than I like my career. I would never ever put myself in harm’s way to mirror any ‘image’.
“Come on ppl. Get a life. I did get a great laugh this morning reading all the BS though.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here