*After years of buzz about the prospect of Outkast rapper Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix in a biopic, the film is finally about to begin shooting this month in Ireland.
According to the Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN), the film, titled “All Is By My Side,” will document the guitar legend’s period in England from 1966 to 1967 as he created his iconic debut album.
The feature, written and directed by John Ridley, is currently in pre-production in Wicklow, with principal photography set to begin in three weeks in both Wicklow and Dublin. The shoot is expected to last six weeks.
The film will also depict the moment Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by Rolling Stone guitarist Keith Richard’s then girlfriend Linda Keith. She subsequently introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler who brought Hendrix to London in 1966, where he recorded his debut album “Are You Experienced” and had his first taste of success.
From 1966 to 67, Hendrix went on to formulate some of the greatest guitar-driven records ever made.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here