*After years of buzz about the prospect of Outkast rapper Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix in a biopic, the film is finally about to begin shooting this month in Ireland.
According to the Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN), the film, titled “All Is By My Side,” will document the guitar legend’s period in England from 1966 to 1967 as he created his iconic debut album.
The feature, written and directed by John Ridley, is currently in pre-production in Wicklow, with principal photography set to begin in three weeks in both Wicklow and Dublin. The shoot is expected to last six weeks.
The film will also depict the moment Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by Rolling Stone guitarist Keith Richard’s then girlfriend Linda Keith. She subsequently introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler who brought Hendrix to London in 1966, where he recorded his debut album “Are You Experienced” and had his first taste of success.
From 1966 to 67, Hendrix went on to formulate some of the greatest guitar-driven records ever made.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here