*After years of buzz about the prospect of Outkast rapper Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix in a biopic, the film is finally about to begin shooting this month in Ireland.
According to the Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN), the film, titled “All Is By My Side,” will document the guitar legend’s period in England from 1966 to 1967 as he created his iconic debut album.
The feature, written and directed by John Ridley, is currently in pre-production in Wicklow, with principal photography set to begin in three weeks in both Wicklow and Dublin. The shoot is expected to last six weeks.
The film will also depict the moment Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by Rolling Stone guitarist Keith Richard’s then girlfriend Linda Keith. She subsequently introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler who brought Hendrix to London in 1966, where he recorded his debut album “Are You Experienced” and had his first taste of success.
From 1966 to 67, Hendrix went on to formulate some of the greatest guitar-driven records ever made.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here