*After years of buzz about the prospect of Outkast rapper Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix in a biopic, the film is finally about to begin shooting this month in Ireland.
According to the Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN), the film, titled “All Is By My Side,” will document the guitar legend’s period in England from 1966 to 1967 as he created his iconic debut album.
The feature, written and directed by John Ridley, is currently in pre-production in Wicklow, with principal photography set to begin in three weeks in both Wicklow and Dublin. The shoot is expected to last six weeks.
The film will also depict the moment Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by Rolling Stone guitarist Keith Richard’s then girlfriend Linda Keith. She subsequently introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler who brought Hendrix to London in 1966, where he recorded his debut album “Are You Experienced” and had his first taste of success.
From 1966 to 67, Hendrix went on to formulate some of the greatest guitar-driven records ever made.
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here