Some black films that finished number one and some that didn’t.
But what we were looking for at the end of the day were those films that made a dent in the hearts, minds and souls of African Americans all over the country.
Let us ring off a few before we send you to the list:
“Waiting to Exhale” for the females and “Boyz N The Hood” which touched all of us as well.
Our partner site MadameNoire recently came out with a list of their top black films.
Check out an excerpt below:
House Party (1990)
This ’90s Kid ‘n Play classic is a hit. It reminds many viewers about their school days way back when, where being invited to parties was all the rave, and sneaking out the window just to go to one was even considered. And the dance scenes had everyone in the mirror practicing for the next party. Who else was trying to get someone to do the Kid ‘n Play dance with them???
Read more at MadameNoire
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here