*Let’s be clear: Millions of Black women are deeply in love with President Obama, says Newsone.com.
They love the fact that Obama represents the powerful black man who remains dedicated to a black woman and raises beautiful black children. They fantasize about him in a way that reminds us that love is completely blind: Policy doesn’t usually matter nearly as much as Obama’s “presidential swag” and the beautiful family photos on the cover of Essence Magazine. This love affair never would have started had the first lady’s name been Misty Obama.
Black women also love their pastors. A man who doesn’t go to church can be tossed to the side as a potential marital partner if he doesn’t go to church, in part because faith and black women go together like Flavor Flav and his clock. Millions of black women show up to church religiously (pun intended), quote the bible regularly and even take notes when the pastor speaks. The relationship starts when they are little girls and made to feel guilty for not going to church and at least pretending to be decent, holy and utterly sanctified.
Before Barack Obama, the pastor didn’t have much competition. He had absolute power in the congregation, but never enough influence to get a front row seat on Air Force One. The emergence of Barack Obama out of nowhere garnered enough black female attention that Michelle needs to watch her back at every turn. Women identify with Michelle, looking for a Barack Obama substitute of their own and even using the Obamas as a case study for relationship advice. Some might even be secretly hoping that Michelle gets caught “slipping” so they can stand beside the president at the next White House formal.
For many black women, the announcement by President Obama in support of gay marriage was a tough moment of clarity. It’s not as if black women didn’t know that Obama supported gay marriage already, but there’s a huge difference between believing something and announcing it. Church women are good at overlooking huge flaws in the men they admire, sometimes to their own detriment. But when the man of her dreams draws a clear line in the sand, a woman can be forced to make a decision she would rather not have to make.
Read the full story at Newsone.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here