“We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer,” an update on the singer’s Facebook page reads. “A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
Womack, after battling drug addiction, developing diabetes, suffering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and undergoing surgery to remove a potentially cancerous tumor, has a new album coming out, “The Bravest Man in the Universe,” that’s a testament to the singer’s will to survive.
According to The Huffington Post, Damon Albarn (Gorillas mastermind), who collaborated with Womack on 2010’s “Plastic Beach,” and XL Records boss Richard Russell are both serving as producers on the record. The first single, “Please Forgive My Heart,” was released earlier this month. “The Bravest Man in the Universe” drops June 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here