“We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer,” an update on the singer’s Facebook page reads. “A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
Womack, after battling drug addiction, developing diabetes, suffering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and undergoing surgery to remove a potentially cancerous tumor, has a new album coming out, “The Bravest Man in the Universe,” that’s a testament to the singer’s will to survive.
According to The Huffington Post, Damon Albarn (Gorillas mastermind), who collaborated with Womack on 2010’s “Plastic Beach,” and XL Records boss Richard Russell are both serving as producers on the record. The first single, “Please Forgive My Heart,” was released earlier this month. “The Bravest Man in the Universe” drops June 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here