“We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer,” an update on the singer’s Facebook page reads. “A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
Womack, after battling drug addiction, developing diabetes, suffering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and undergoing surgery to remove a potentially cancerous tumor, has a new album coming out, “The Bravest Man in the Universe,” that’s a testament to the singer’s will to survive.
According to The Huffington Post, Damon Albarn (Gorillas mastermind), who collaborated with Womack on 2010’s “Plastic Beach,” and XL Records boss Richard Russell are both serving as producers on the record. The first single, “Please Forgive My Heart,” was released earlier this month. “The Bravest Man in the Universe” drops June 12.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here