“We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer,” an update on the singer’s Facebook page reads. “A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
Womack, after battling drug addiction, developing diabetes, suffering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and undergoing surgery to remove a potentially cancerous tumor, has a new album coming out, “The Bravest Man in the Universe,” that’s a testament to the singer’s will to survive.
According to The Huffington Post, Damon Albarn (Gorillas mastermind), who collaborated with Womack on 2010’s “Plastic Beach,” and XL Records boss Richard Russell are both serving as producers on the record. The first single, “Please Forgive My Heart,” was released earlier this month. “The Bravest Man in the Universe” drops June 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here