“We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer,” an update on the singer’s Facebook page reads. “A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
Womack, after battling drug addiction, developing diabetes, suffering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and undergoing surgery to remove a potentially cancerous tumor, has a new album coming out, “The Bravest Man in the Universe,” that’s a testament to the singer’s will to survive.
According to The Huffington Post, Damon Albarn (Gorillas mastermind), who collaborated with Womack on 2010’s “Plastic Beach,” and XL Records boss Richard Russell are both serving as producers on the record. The first single, “Please Forgive My Heart,” was released earlier this month. “The Bravest Man in the Universe” drops June 12.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here