After debuting as “the nation’s first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African Americans,” the channel is making history again with a new show entitled “Family Time.”
The situation comedy series, created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is based on the life and times of the Stallworths, an average working family that hits it big with a scratch lottery ticket. Overnight they upgrade from low-class to middle class.
This family-next-door consists of two loving parents: Anthony (Omar Gooding) and Lisa (Angell Conwell) Stallworth and their children Ebony (Jayla Calhoun) and Devin (Bentley Kyle Evans, Jr.) The Stallworths move to a middle class community in sunny southern California and both Anthony and Lisa bring baggage and other family members into their relationship that makes for great comedy – and occasional drama.
“Family Time is the perfect way to launch Bounce TV’s originals, as Bentley Kyle Evans and Trenten Gumbs boast an amazing track record producing successful series for Fox,” said Bounce TV Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Katz. “The WB and others and they’ve developed an irreverent sitcom in Family Time that addresses contemporary issues in a way that all parents can relate.”
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here