After debuting as “the nation’s first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African Americans,” the channel is making history again with a new show entitled “Family Time.”
The situation comedy series, created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is based on the life and times of the Stallworths, an average working family that hits it big with a scratch lottery ticket. Overnight they upgrade from low-class to middle class.
This family-next-door consists of two loving parents: Anthony (Omar Gooding) and Lisa (Angell Conwell) Stallworth and their children Ebony (Jayla Calhoun) and Devin (Bentley Kyle Evans, Jr.) The Stallworths move to a middle class community in sunny southern California and both Anthony and Lisa bring baggage and other family members into their relationship that makes for great comedy – and occasional drama.
“Family Time is the perfect way to launch Bounce TV’s originals, as Bentley Kyle Evans and Trenten Gumbs boast an amazing track record producing successful series for Fox,” said Bounce TV Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Katz. “The WB and others and they’ve developed an irreverent sitcom in Family Time that addresses contemporary issues in a way that all parents can relate.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here