*(Los Angeles) – This summer, prolific R&B/Jazz musician Brian Culbertson invites you to close your eyes, open your ears, and fall deep into a lush world of musical fantasy with his breathtaking thirteenth album Dreams (Verve/Universal). With the help of lauded guest vocalists Vivian Green, Noel Gourdin and Stokley Williams of Mint Condition, Dreams masterfully melds jazz sensibility with an R&B flair in a wondrous mélange of enchanting grooves.
The result is a stunning collection of 10 mesmerizing tunes, including the poignant lead single “Still Here” – featuring the soulful rapture of Vivian Green, telling the passionate tale of how taking a risk on love can have a happy ending. “Your Smile,” the album’s lead jazz single, is an exquisite rhythmic excursion underscored with an undeniable buoyant groove. Brian recruited the R&B vocal prowess of singer Stokley Williams to enhance the melodic elegance of “No Limits,” whose romantic lyrics accentuate the thrill of actualizing an altruistic union. On “You’re My Music,” Boston-based singer Noel Gourdin pours his thick, soulful vocals over both Brian’s shimmering piano chords and bass guitar licks.
On Dreams, Brian brought together a group of “who’s who” in music including: R&B producer and longtime collaborator and arranger Rex Rideout (Angie Stone, Ledisi, Luther Vandross, Lalah Hathaway, Will Downing, Kem); four of R&B’s top session players to help round out the sound – bassist Alex Al (Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones); and guitarists Michael Thompson (Babyface, Toni Braxton), Rob Bacon (Beyonce, Raphael Saadiq), and John “Jubu” Smith (Frankie Beverly & Maze, Whitney Houston).
Brian recently released his 4-track EP Dreams featuring several of the album’s stellar tracks, “Your Smile,” “Later Tonight,” “Still Here” f/ Vivian Green and “No Limits” f/ Stokley Williams. The EP serves as a delectable audio appetizer for Brian’s full length album due out this Summer 2012.
Having worked with an array of stellar R&B artists such as Faith Evans, Ledisi, Brian McKnight, Kenny Lattimore, Musiq Soulchild and Avant on his past albums – in total, Brian has produced or performed on over 25 No. 1 records, received multiple accolades, topped Billboard Charts, covered magazines and has been lauded by Prince.
2012 is certain to be a pivotal turning point in Brian’s illustrious career. Dreams holds the key to a new dimension of the jazz listening experience by effortlessly combining elements of R&B and soul with spellbinding melodies and the marvel of inner visions. With Dreams, as with his previous efforts, Brian proceeds to keep the genre of jazz alive and viable by consistently injecting a fresh approach into his own unique sensibility. Dreams definitely proves that jazz and groove fit hand-in-glove.
Brian Culbertson – Still Here (feat. Vivian Green):
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here