*Los Angeles, CA – Meyers Media Group and McDonald Entertainment have announced today that they will co-finance the thriller CITY OF NIGHT. The film, to be directed by award-winner Carl Franklin (“Out of Time,” “High Crimes”), was written by David Chisholm (“Kidnapped in Paradise,” “The Wizard”) and will be produced by Brendan McDonald of McDonald Entertainment and Jesse B’Franklin, and executive produced by Lawrence Meyers (“Unfaithful”) and Randy Dannenberg of Meyers Media Group.
In CITY OF NIGHT, Emmett Conlin is a rookie cop aspiring to be one of the finest in the Los Angeles Police Department– until he’s unexpectedly lured into the toughest crime unit in the city and finds that his greatest danger lies within the department. Drawn into a web of deceit and betrayal by a veteran cop who has corrupted all that he touches, Emmett becomes the target of an elaborate psychological game to destroy him. Set against the teeming and dangerous backdrop of South Central L.A., CITY OF NIGHT is an explosive, sexually intense thriller in the tradition of LA CONFIDENTIAL and THE DEPARTED.
Franklin has garnered acclaim from recent television directing duties including the pilot of TNT’s FALLING SKIES and the premiere episode of the new Starz series MAGIC CITY. He first achieved notoriety for directing the moody thriller ONE FALSE MOVE, which won him the New Generation Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
Meyers Media Group’s recently announced slate of projects includes NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: ORIGINS 3D, with Simon West producing, and ONE SQUARE MILE starring Richard Jenkins and Cameron Bright.
A date for principal photography will soon be announced.
About Meyers Media Group
Meyers Media Group is a global film sales and production company that sells, finances and produces A-list cast-driven projects with broad international appeal. Launched by entertainment industry veterans Lawrence Meyers and Bobby Meyers in 2012, the company specializes in the foreign sales process, utilizing international co-productions and attracting equity sources. Randy Dannenberg serves as the company’s Executive Vice President of Productions & Acquisitions with Peter Rowley as Vice President of International Distribution and Administration.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here