“It’s just the lifestyle of a high end salon dealing with socialites, celebrities, athletes and very high end people in Chicago and making them look good,” he says of the show. “And it’s very entertaining.”
As previously reported, cameras follow the colorful hair diva and his nine-member team at AJ’s Salon, where the celebrity clientele includes hometown girl Jennifer Hudson as well as other prominent African American women who happen to “roll through” the Windy City.
Now mind you, the definition of “celebrity” is a bit different in Chi-town. He explains below.
“Chicagolicious” will show the stylists hooking up red carpet looks for clients, working fashion runway events and competing against hair rivals. The series also captures Johnson’s dealings with his staff. “We’re all from different parts of Chicago and different parts of the world, but I am like the chain link that holds them all together,” he says.
The 10-episode season premieres Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on Style. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here