“It’s just the lifestyle of a high end salon dealing with socialites, celebrities, athletes and very high end people in Chicago and making them look good,” he says of the show. “And it’s very entertaining.”
As previously reported, cameras follow the colorful hair diva and his nine-member team at AJ’s Salon, where the celebrity clientele includes hometown girl Jennifer Hudson as well as other prominent African American women who happen to “roll through” the Windy City.
Now mind you, the definition of “celebrity” is a bit different in Chi-town. He explains below.
“Chicagolicious” will show the stylists hooking up red carpet looks for clients, working fashion runway events and competing against hair rivals. The series also captures Johnson’s dealings with his staff. “We’re all from different parts of Chicago and different parts of the world, but I am like the chain link that holds them all together,” he says.
The 10-episode season premieres Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on Style. Watch a promo below.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here