“It’s just the lifestyle of a high end salon dealing with socialites, celebrities, athletes and very high end people in Chicago and making them look good,” he says of the show. “And it’s very entertaining.”
As previously reported, cameras follow the colorful hair diva and his nine-member team at AJ’s Salon, where the celebrity clientele includes hometown girl Jennifer Hudson as well as other prominent African American women who happen to “roll through” the Windy City.
Now mind you, the definition of “celebrity” is a bit different in Chi-town. He explains below.
“Chicagolicious” will show the stylists hooking up red carpet looks for clients, working fashion runway events and competing against hair rivals. The series also captures Johnson’s dealings with his staff. “We’re all from different parts of Chicago and different parts of the world, but I am like the chain link that holds them all together,” he says.
The 10-episode season premieres Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on Style. Watch a promo below.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here