“It’s just the lifestyle of a high end salon dealing with socialites, celebrities, athletes and very high end people in Chicago and making them look good,” he says of the show. “And it’s very entertaining.”
As previously reported, cameras follow the colorful hair diva and his nine-member team at AJ’s Salon, where the celebrity clientele includes hometown girl Jennifer Hudson as well as other prominent African American women who happen to “roll through” the Windy City.
Now mind you, the definition of “celebrity” is a bit different in Chi-town. He explains below.
“Chicagolicious” will show the stylists hooking up red carpet looks for clients, working fashion runway events and competing against hair rivals. The series also captures Johnson’s dealings with his staff. “We’re all from different parts of Chicago and different parts of the world, but I am like the chain link that holds them all together,” he says.
The 10-episode season premieres Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on Style. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here