“It’s just the lifestyle of a high end salon dealing with socialites, celebrities, athletes and very high end people in Chicago and making them look good,” he says of the show. “And it’s very entertaining.”
As previously reported, cameras follow the colorful hair diva and his nine-member team at AJ’s Salon, where the celebrity clientele includes hometown girl Jennifer Hudson as well as other prominent African American women who happen to “roll through” the Windy City.
Now mind you, the definition of “celebrity” is a bit different in Chi-town. He explains below.
“Chicagolicious” will show the stylists hooking up red carpet looks for clients, working fashion runway events and competing against hair rivals. The series also captures Johnson’s dealings with his staff. “We’re all from different parts of Chicago and different parts of the world, but I am like the chain link that holds them all together,” he says.
The 10-episode season premieres Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on Style. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here