*Chris Brown is the latest artist added to the performance lineup of the 2012 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, which airs live May 20 on ABC at 8 p.m. ET from the MGM Grand Arena.
He joins previously announced performers Justin Bieber, Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Cee-Lo Green, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
Brown will hit the stage less than two months before his fifth studio album, “Fortune,” drops on July 3. His previous release, 2011’s “F.A.M.E.” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with 872,000 copies sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
His latest single, “Turn Up the Music,” debuted at No. 10 on the Hot 100 and he’s currently at No. 2 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with his Rihanna collaboration, “Birthday Cake.” The R&B star is also a finalist in four Billboard Music Awards categories, including Top Male Artist.
Adele, LMFAO, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are the leading finalists. Adele tops the pack as a finalist in 18 award categories, while LMFAO is second in 17 categories. Rihanna lands in 13 categories this year, after leading the pack with 18 category appearances in 2011. Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne each snagged a spot in 10 categories.
Hosting this year’s event will be Modern Family co-stars Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here