*Chris Brown is the latest artist added to the performance lineup of the 2012 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, which airs live May 20 on ABC at 8 p.m. ET from the MGM Grand Arena.
He joins previously announced performers Justin Bieber, Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Cee-Lo Green, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
Brown will hit the stage less than two months before his fifth studio album, “Fortune,” drops on July 3. His previous release, 2011’s “F.A.M.E.” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with 872,000 copies sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
His latest single, “Turn Up the Music,” debuted at No. 10 on the Hot 100 and he’s currently at No. 2 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with his Rihanna collaboration, “Birthday Cake.” The R&B star is also a finalist in four Billboard Music Awards categories, including Top Male Artist.
Adele, LMFAO, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are the leading finalists. Adele tops the pack as a finalist in 18 award categories, while LMFAO is second in 17 categories. Rihanna lands in 13 categories this year, after leading the pack with 18 category appearances in 2011. Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne each snagged a spot in 10 categories.
Hosting this year’s event will be Modern Family co-stars Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here