*Chris Brown is the latest artist added to the performance lineup of the 2012 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, which airs live May 20 on ABC at 8 p.m. ET from the MGM Grand Arena.
He joins previously announced performers Justin Bieber, Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Cee-Lo Green, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
Brown will hit the stage less than two months before his fifth studio album, “Fortune,” drops on July 3. His previous release, 2011’s “F.A.M.E.” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with 872,000 copies sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
His latest single, “Turn Up the Music,” debuted at No. 10 on the Hot 100 and he’s currently at No. 2 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with his Rihanna collaboration, “Birthday Cake.” The R&B star is also a finalist in four Billboard Music Awards categories, including Top Male Artist.
Adele, LMFAO, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are the leading finalists. Adele tops the pack as a finalist in 18 award categories, while LMFAO is second in 17 categories. Rihanna lands in 13 categories this year, after leading the pack with 18 category appearances in 2011. Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne each snagged a spot in 10 categories.
Hosting this year’s event will be Modern Family co-stars Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell.
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here