*Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett-Smith are back as the voices of Marty the zebra and Gloria the hippo, respectively, in the upcoming Paramount/Dreamworks Animiation film “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” which finds the story picking up right where the second installment in 2008 left off.
The animals are in hot pursuit of the fleeing monkeys and penguins to Monte Carlo, where their various adventures and shenanigans raise the ire of animal control meanie Chantel DuBois (Francis McDormand) – the kind of woman who slaps people with their own hands. [See the trailer below.]
Rock and Pinkett-Smith joined the rest of the voice cast – Ben Stiller (Alex the lion), David Schwimmer (Melman the giraffe), Martin Short (Stefano the sea lion) and newcomer Jessica Chastain, who plays Gia, an Italian jaguar from a traveling circus the gang joins as a cover for their stay in Europe – for the film’s premiere at the Cannes Film Festival last week.
“It’s a lot of fun to have this opportunity to be part of a creation like this,” Jada told the press. “I love animation, I always have. As an actor it gives you an opportunity to work a different muscle. All you have is your voice, which was quite a unique experience for me. It took a minute to get used to the process, but I feel, but I think we all pretty much have it now.”
Below, Chris and Jada discuss their overall love of children’s movies. Chris says he prefers those that also have embedded jokes for the adults in the room.
“Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” hits theaters on June 8. Check out the trailer below.
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here