*Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett-Smith are back as the voices of Marty the zebra and Gloria the hippo, respectively, in the upcoming Paramount/Dreamworks Animiation film “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” which finds the story picking up right where the second installment in 2008 left off.
The animals are in hot pursuit of the fleeing monkeys and penguins to Monte Carlo, where their various adventures and shenanigans raise the ire of animal control meanie Chantel DuBois (Francis McDormand) – the kind of woman who slaps people with their own hands. [See the trailer below.]
Rock and Pinkett-Smith joined the rest of the voice cast – Ben Stiller (Alex the lion), David Schwimmer (Melman the giraffe), Martin Short (Stefano the sea lion) and newcomer Jessica Chastain, who plays Gia, an Italian jaguar from a traveling circus the gang joins as a cover for their stay in Europe – for the film’s premiere at the Cannes Film Festival last week.
“It’s a lot of fun to have this opportunity to be part of a creation like this,” Jada told the press. “I love animation, I always have. As an actor it gives you an opportunity to work a different muscle. All you have is your voice, which was quite a unique experience for me. It took a minute to get used to the process, but I feel, but I think we all pretty much have it now.”
Below, Chris and Jada discuss their overall love of children’s movies. Chris says he prefers those that also have embedded jokes for the adults in the room.
“Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” hits theaters on June 8. Check out the trailer below.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here