*George Clooney’s May 10th fundraiser for President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign has officially sold out and is expected to raise up to $12 million, campaign sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, making it the biggest presidential fundraiser in U.S. history.
Among the 150 high rollers on the guest list are Hollywood studio heads, celebrities and an array of entertainment industry execs, each shelling out $40,000 to break bread with the president at Clooney’s Studio City home. DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg, the president’s major entertainment industry fundraiser, has been spearheading the event along with Hollywood political consultant Andy Spahn.
The dinner will bring in between $5 million and $6 million for the president’s campaign coffers, sources told THR. The demand for tickets at the event was so great that organizers tried to limit the guest list to those living in Southern California.
The Obama for President campaign also has been conducting an online sweepstakes with the winner to receive two seats at the head table with the chief executive and Clooney. Campaign sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that that tally of online donations could hit $6 million, bringing the total raised to about $12 million. The winner of the contest is expected to be announced by the campaign in the coming days.
After the Clooney event, Obama is expected to be back in Los Angeles on June 6 for a LBGT gala. Pink is scheduled to perform at that event, organizers say, with donations ranging from $1,250 to $25,000.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here