*Folks attending the 2012 Essence Music Festival will get to witness something that hasn’t happened in 10 years – a live performance from D’Angelo.
The reclusive crooner will perform during the festival’s opening night, organizers announced. The annual event runs from July 6-8 in New Orleans and also features Trey Songz, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige on the bill.
D’Angelo’s last album was 2000’s “Voodoo,” which went platinum and earned two Grammy Awards, including best R&B album. His debut, 1995’s “Brown Sugar,” was a platinum seller.
Since that, D’Angelo has been off the music scene, drawing more attention for his run-ins with the law.
The 37-year-old wrapped up a prostitution case last month by pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his March 2010 arrest.
His record label said he is working on a new album.
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here