*Folks attending the 2012 Essence Music Festival will get to witness something that hasn’t happened in 10 years – a live performance from D’Angelo.
The reclusive crooner will perform during the festival’s opening night, organizers announced. The annual event runs from July 6-8 in New Orleans and also features Trey Songz, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige on the bill.
D’Angelo’s last album was 2000’s “Voodoo,” which went platinum and earned two Grammy Awards, including best R&B album. His debut, 1995’s “Brown Sugar,” was a platinum seller.
Since that, D’Angelo has been off the music scene, drawing more attention for his run-ins with the law.
The 37-year-old wrapped up a prostitution case last month by pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his March 2010 arrest.
His record label said he is working on a new album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here