*Folks attending the 2012 Essence Music Festival will get to witness something that hasn’t happened in 10 years – a live performance from D’Angelo.
The reclusive crooner will perform during the festival’s opening night, organizers announced. The annual event runs from July 6-8 in New Orleans and also features Trey Songz, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige on the bill.
D’Angelo’s last album was 2000’s “Voodoo,” which went platinum and earned two Grammy Awards, including best R&B album. His debut, 1995’s “Brown Sugar,” was a platinum seller.
Since that, D’Angelo has been off the music scene, drawing more attention for his run-ins with the law.
The 37-year-old wrapped up a prostitution case last month by pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his March 2010 arrest.
His record label said he is working on a new album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here