*Folks attending the 2012 Essence Music Festival will get to witness something that hasn’t happened in 10 years – a live performance from D’Angelo.
The reclusive crooner will perform during the festival’s opening night, organizers announced. The annual event runs from July 6-8 in New Orleans and also features Trey Songz, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige on the bill.
D’Angelo’s last album was 2000’s “Voodoo,” which went platinum and earned two Grammy Awards, including best R&B album. His debut, 1995’s “Brown Sugar,” was a platinum seller.
Since that, D’Angelo has been off the music scene, drawing more attention for his run-ins with the law.
The 37-year-old wrapped up a prostitution case last month by pleading guilty to disorderly conduct after his March 2010 arrest.
His record label said he is working on a new album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here