*Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to 104 hours of community service Tuesday on four counts of contempt for failing to pay child support, reports the Associated Press.
The 51-year-old was also placed on three years of informal probation and he is ordered to pay up on current child and spousal support obligations.
“My suggestion is to use your talents as a motivator, as a fine, fine athlete and as a fine person to assist others in need,” Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson told him in court, according to the AP. Rodman was first found guilty last year for the child support, owed in 2009 and 2010.
“It’s all about the kids,” Rodman said after the hearing. “It does suck the fact that it had to come to this.” Although tax records show that Rodman earned about $150,000 in 2010, his financial manager has said that he owes a significant amount in back taxes, according to the AP.
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here