*Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to 104 hours of community service Tuesday on four counts of contempt for failing to pay child support, reports the Associated Press.
The 51-year-old was also placed on three years of informal probation and he is ordered to pay up on current child and spousal support obligations.
“My suggestion is to use your talents as a motivator, as a fine, fine athlete and as a fine person to assist others in need,” Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson told him in court, according to the AP. Rodman was first found guilty last year for the child support, owed in 2009 and 2010.
“It’s all about the kids,” Rodman said after the hearing. “It does suck the fact that it had to come to this.” Although tax records show that Rodman earned about $150,000 in 2010, his financial manager has said that he owes a significant amount in back taxes, according to the AP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here