*Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to 104 hours of community service Tuesday on four counts of contempt for failing to pay child support, reports the Associated Press.
The 51-year-old was also placed on three years of informal probation and he is ordered to pay up on current child and spousal support obligations.
“My suggestion is to use your talents as a motivator, as a fine, fine athlete and as a fine person to assist others in need,” Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson told him in court, according to the AP. Rodman was first found guilty last year for the child support, owed in 2009 and 2010.
“It’s all about the kids,” Rodman said after the hearing. “It does suck the fact that it had to come to this.” Although tax records show that Rodman earned about $150,000 in 2010, his financial manager has said that he owes a significant amount in back taxes, according to the AP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here