*Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to 104 hours of community service Tuesday on four counts of contempt for failing to pay child support, reports the Associated Press.
The 51-year-old was also placed on three years of informal probation and he is ordered to pay up on current child and spousal support obligations.
“My suggestion is to use your talents as a motivator, as a fine, fine athlete and as a fine person to assist others in need,” Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson told him in court, according to the AP. Rodman was first found guilty last year for the child support, owed in 2009 and 2010.
“It’s all about the kids,” Rodman said after the hearing. “It does suck the fact that it had to come to this.” Although tax records show that Rodman earned about $150,000 in 2010, his financial manager has said that he owes a significant amount in back taxes, according to the AP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here