*Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to 104 hours of community service Tuesday on four counts of contempt for failing to pay child support, reports the Associated Press.
The 51-year-old was also placed on three years of informal probation and he is ordered to pay up on current child and spousal support obligations.
“My suggestion is to use your talents as a motivator, as a fine, fine athlete and as a fine person to assist others in need,” Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson told him in court, according to the AP. Rodman was first found guilty last year for the child support, owed in 2009 and 2010.
“It’s all about the kids,” Rodman said after the hearing. “It does suck the fact that it had to come to this.” Although tax records show that Rodman earned about $150,000 in 2010, his financial manager has said that he owes a significant amount in back taxes, according to the AP.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here