Well, it looks like the prayin’ … and we’re sure, ‘lawyering’ paid off. Here’s the story from TMZ:
It might be the first time the United States has ever admitted it was wrong — after mistakenly accusing Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick of owing more than $2 million in back taxes — and TMZ has proof of the apology.
Uncle Sam filed a federal tax lien against Dionne back in 2009, claiming the singer owed $2.2 million in unpaid taxes from the 90s — but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS WRONG.
The IRS just filed new docs admitting it too, officially revoking its claim that Dionne owes the government the massive $2.2 million sum.
According to the IRS, it made an accounting mistake — and Warwick now only owes just under one million.
A partial apology is still an apology.
The moral of the story is … IF you can pray away the gay, you pray away the IRS. Ya think?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here