Well, it looks like the prayin’ … and we’re sure, ‘lawyering’ paid off. Here’s the story from TMZ:
It might be the first time the United States has ever admitted it was wrong — after mistakenly accusing Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick of owing more than $2 million in back taxes — and TMZ has proof of the apology.
Uncle Sam filed a federal tax lien against Dionne back in 2009, claiming the singer owed $2.2 million in unpaid taxes from the 90s — but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS WRONG.
The IRS just filed new docs admitting it too, officially revoking its claim that Dionne owes the government the massive $2.2 million sum.
According to the IRS, it made an accounting mistake — and Warwick now only owes just under one million.
A partial apology is still an apology.
The moral of the story is … IF you can pray away the gay, you pray away the IRS. Ya think?
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here