Well, it looks like the prayin’ … and we’re sure, ‘lawyering’ paid off. Here’s the story from TMZ:
It might be the first time the United States has ever admitted it was wrong — after mistakenly accusing Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick of owing more than $2 million in back taxes — and TMZ has proof of the apology.
Uncle Sam filed a federal tax lien against Dionne back in 2009, claiming the singer owed $2.2 million in unpaid taxes from the 90s — but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS WRONG.
The IRS just filed new docs admitting it too, officially revoking its claim that Dionne owes the government the massive $2.2 million sum.
According to the IRS, it made an accounting mistake — and Warwick now only owes just under one million.
A partial apology is still an apology.
The moral of the story is … IF you can pray away the gay, you pray away the IRS. Ya think?
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here