Well, it looks like the prayin’ … and we’re sure, ‘lawyering’ paid off. Here’s the story from TMZ:
It might be the first time the United States has ever admitted it was wrong — after mistakenly accusing Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick of owing more than $2 million in back taxes — and TMZ has proof of the apology.
Uncle Sam filed a federal tax lien against Dionne back in 2009, claiming the singer owed $2.2 million in unpaid taxes from the 90s — but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS WRONG.
The IRS just filed new docs admitting it too, officially revoking its claim that Dionne owes the government the massive $2.2 million sum.
According to the IRS, it made an accounting mistake — and Warwick now only owes just under one million.
A partial apology is still an apology.
The moral of the story is … IF you can pray away the gay, you pray away the IRS. Ya think?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here