Well, it looks like the prayin’ … and we’re sure, ‘lawyering’ paid off. Here’s the story from TMZ:
It might be the first time the United States has ever admitted it was wrong — after mistakenly accusing Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick of owing more than $2 million in back taxes — and TMZ has proof of the apology.
Uncle Sam filed a federal tax lien against Dionne back in 2009, claiming the singer owed $2.2 million in unpaid taxes from the 90s — but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS WRONG.
The IRS just filed new docs admitting it too, officially revoking its claim that Dionne owes the government the massive $2.2 million sum.
According to the IRS, it made an accounting mistake — and Warwick now only owes just under one million.
A partial apology is still an apology.
The moral of the story is … IF you can pray away the gay, you pray away the IRS. Ya think?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addiction Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here