The comment surprised many as they expected to pick an individual who wasn’t a celebrity as she reportedly doesn’t like the glare of being in the spotlight as first lady.
But the question begs, “Has the first lady been enveloped by fame as well?”
Columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins wrote a piece asking if she would like to be Beyonce, would she want her daughters to be.
Here’s an excerpt from her column from our partner site, NewsOne:
A lot of conversation has centered around the growing love affair between first lady Michelle Obama and Beyonce Knowles. Beyonce sent Michelle a very nice public letter, sharing her admiration for the first lady. Michelle responded by tweeting “Thank you for the beautiful letter and for being a role model who kids everywhere can look up to.”
Perhaps in the spirit of hip-hop, I should have (as Reilly on “The Boondocks” would) said the words “pause” and “no homo” before discussing how close these two women have become. But out of respect for President Obama’s announcement in support of gay marriage, I would like to publicly banish the term “no homo” from my vocabulary.
Read more at NewsOne.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here