*Donna Summer’s funeral will be a private one for family and close friends, according to a family statement released today.
Her publicist Brian Edwards said the singer’s family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but her funeral services will remain private. He didn’t provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including “I Feel Love,” ”Love to Love You Baby” and “Last Dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here