*Donna Summer’s funeral will be a private one for family and close friends, according to a family statement released today.
Her publicist Brian Edwards said the singer’s family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but her funeral services will remain private. He didn’t provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including “I Feel Love,” ”Love to Love You Baby” and “Last Dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here