*Donna Summer’s funeral will be a private one for family and close friends, according to a family statement released today.
Her publicist Brian Edwards said the singer’s family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but her funeral services will remain private. He didn’t provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including “I Feel Love,” ”Love to Love You Baby” and “Last Dance.”
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here