*Donna Summer’s funeral will be a private one for family and close friends, according to a family statement released today.
Her publicist Brian Edwards said the singer’s family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but her funeral services will remain private. He didn’t provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including “I Feel Love,” ”Love to Love You Baby” and “Last Dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here