But the 50-year-old singer made a comeback in 2010 with popular album, “Second Chance.” However, shortly after the CD’s release, he went back down that dark road.
50 Cent and Babyface saw the star in need, reached back and picked him up.
The singer credited the pair to his recovery.
“I started getting these thoughts, and I called 50 cent up, and I said, ‘You gotta help me…I’m already on my way to doing something wrong.’ So 50 came like five cars deep, picked me up right from where I was, got me outta there, they met up with Babyface, they took me into Interscope, we all had a meeting, and they said, ‘Man why don’t you just go to rehab.'”
He explained, however, that his struggle didn’t manifest itself in the physical at that point. The addiction was still in his mind.
“You have to get your mind right, and you have to have the tools to that you need to stay in recovery.”
In the last days before Whitney’s death, the singer made plans to sing together.
“She said ‘I need you, I wanna finish my album, I want you to sing with me…’ I was just happy that she embraced me like that, and I wanted to do something, but the next thing I know, she was gone,” he adds.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here