But the 50-year-old singer made a comeback in 2010 with popular album, “Second Chance.” However, shortly after the CD’s release, he went back down that dark road.
50 Cent and Babyface saw the star in need, reached back and picked him up.
The singer credited the pair to his recovery.
“I started getting these thoughts, and I called 50 cent up, and I said, ‘You gotta help me…I’m already on my way to doing something wrong.’ So 50 came like five cars deep, picked me up right from where I was, got me outta there, they met up with Babyface, they took me into Interscope, we all had a meeting, and they said, ‘Man why don’t you just go to rehab.'”
He explained, however, that his struggle didn’t manifest itself in the physical at that point. The addiction was still in his mind.
“You have to get your mind right, and you have to have the tools to that you need to stay in recovery.”
In the last days before Whitney’s death, the singer made plans to sing together.
“She said ‘I need you, I wanna finish my album, I want you to sing with me…’ I was just happy that she embraced me like that, and I wanted to do something, but the next thing I know, she was gone,” he adds.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here