*Flo Rida has responded to a group of Australian concert promoters who sued him over a cancelled show. He claims they were the ones who reneged on the terms of the agreement by failing to provide him with a ride to the show.
The rapper, real name Tramar Dillard, was accused of pulling out of his Fat as Butter music festival performance hours before the event last October (11), despite receiving a $55,000 advance. He was recently served with legal papers from the firm over Facebook.com due to loss of revenue.
But the rapper is now speaking out, insisting he’s the victim in the dispute.
“Promoters try to jerk you (around)… A lot of times anyone can come up and say anything and get everyone’s attention,” he tells AllHipHop.com. “They feel like they should pay you a certain amount of money, and they feel like they shouldn’t give you a ride to the venue. Maybe they thought that I should have brought my Bugatti (luxury sports car) to Australia, and that I could have brought my own car.”
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here