*The FBI on Thursday arrested a Florida minister for having inappropriate contact with underage girls, reports Charisma News.
Luis Morales, a 57-year-old evangelist, was arrested at his Ormond Beach home last Thursday. Morales faces five counts of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity. A woman named Rebecca Rivera, who was also arrested, was charged in two of those accounts, according to the federal indictment.
Amy Filjones, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorneys’ Office, told the Daytona News Journal that prosecutors believe Morales traveled across state lines with at least six children and molested them.
Morales runs En Fuego for Jesus, which bills itself as a five-fold ministry. (En Fuego for Jesus translates as On Fire for Jesus.) He goes by the moniker “Apostle Tito” and his wife is known as “Prophet Linda.” Rivera is also named as a prophet on the ministry website.
“You need to repent. Get right with Jesus,” Linda Morales said to the parents of her husband’s alleged victims before the bond hearing, according to News4Jax.com. “Satan is the accuser of the brethren. So anybody that makes an accusation against a man or woman of God is on Satan’s team.”
Story originally reported at charismanews.com.
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here