*The FBI on Thursday arrested a Florida minister for having inappropriate contact with underage girls, reports Charisma News.
Luis Morales, a 57-year-old evangelist, was arrested at his Ormond Beach home last Thursday. Morales faces five counts of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity. A woman named Rebecca Rivera, who was also arrested, was charged in two of those accounts, according to the federal indictment.
Amy Filjones, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorneys’ Office, told the Daytona News Journal that prosecutors believe Morales traveled across state lines with at least six children and molested them.
Morales runs En Fuego for Jesus, which bills itself as a five-fold ministry. (En Fuego for Jesus translates as On Fire for Jesus.) He goes by the moniker “Apostle Tito” and his wife is known as “Prophet Linda.” Rivera is also named as a prophet on the ministry website.
“You need to repent. Get right with Jesus,” Linda Morales said to the parents of her husband’s alleged victims before the bond hearing, according to News4Jax.com. “Satan is the accuser of the brethren. So anybody that makes an accusation against a man or woman of God is on Satan’s team.”
Story originally reported at charismanews.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here