*Donna Summer will be laid to rest during a private funeral ceremony in Tennessee on Wednesday, May 23.
The disco legend died of lung cancer on May 17 in her Florida home. She was 63.
Publicist Brian Edwards said in a statement Friday that Summer’s family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but that her funeral services will remain private. About 1,000 guests are expected to attend, according to TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here