Fred Hammond will headline the tour that begins on May 12, with feature artists Byron Cage, 21:03, Canton Jones, J Moss, Myron Butler, and VaShawn Mitchell.
“I look forward to being a part of the 2012 McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour because it provides an ideal platform for sharing the hopeful messages of gospel music with audiences in diverse communities,” said Hammond, a 30-year gospel music veteran and former McDonald’s restaurant crew member. “Now more than ever, our nation’s communities need messages of hope and encouragement. My goal is to make sure everyone who attends a concert leaves feeling personally inspired and motivated to serve their community.”
The nine-city tour, free to the public, will being in Newark at the Prudential Center and will go on through June 30.
“McDonald’s continues to invest in the Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour because of our consumers’ rich passion for gospel music,” said Rob Jackson, McDonald’s U.S. marketing director. “McDonald’s is committed to being deeply rooted in the community and we’re honored to bring joy and entertainment to our extended family – our customers.”
Tour dates and locations include:
- May 12 – Newark, McDonald’s Gospelfest – Prudential Center
- June 14 – Birmingham, Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Center
- June 15 – Jackson, Jackson Convention Complex
- June 16 – Dallas, Friendship West Baptist Church
- June 21 – Philadelphia, Deliverance Evangelistic Church
- June 22 – Detroit, Greater Grace Temple
- June 23 – Chicago, Chicago Gospel Music Festival
- June 29 – Atlanta, Full Gospel Conference
- June 30 – Ft. Washington, Md., Ebenezer AME Church