*As Andre 3000 heads to Ireland to begin shooting the Jimi Hendrix biopic “All is By My Side,” the guitar legend’s estate has released a statement saying they are against the film, and will not allow rights to the music.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Experience Hendrix LLC, the family-owned company that manages Hendrix’s music and publishing, released a statement saying that it does not support the film.
“[The Estate] has made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation.”
Experience Hendrix said it won’t sanction any films without the group’s participation from the very beginning.
“CEO Janie Hendrix, sister of Jimi Hendrix, and the EH board, have not ruled out a ‘biopic’ in the future, though producing partners would, out of necessity, have to involve the company from the inception of any such film project if it is to include original Jimi Hendrix music or compositions.”
As previously reported, John Ridley will direct the film from his original screenplay. Haley Atwell and Imogen Poots will appear in co-starring roles.
In making the film’s official announcement Thursday, producers said it will be based on actual interviews with Hendrix as well as archival materials.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here