*As Andre 3000 heads to Ireland to begin shooting the Jimi Hendrix biopic “All is By My Side,” the guitar legend’s estate has released a statement saying they are against the film, and will not allow rights to the music.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Experience Hendrix LLC, the family-owned company that manages Hendrix’s music and publishing, released a statement saying that it does not support the film.
“[The Estate] has made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation.”
Experience Hendrix said it won’t sanction any films without the group’s participation from the very beginning.
“CEO Janie Hendrix, sister of Jimi Hendrix, and the EH board, have not ruled out a ‘biopic’ in the future, though producing partners would, out of necessity, have to involve the company from the inception of any such film project if it is to include original Jimi Hendrix music or compositions.”
As previously reported, John Ridley will direct the film from his original screenplay. Haley Atwell and Imogen Poots will appear in co-starring roles.
In making the film’s official announcement Thursday, producers said it will be based on actual interviews with Hendrix as well as archival materials.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here