*As Andre 3000 heads to Ireland to begin shooting the Jimi Hendrix biopic “All is By My Side,” the guitar legend’s estate has released a statement saying they are against the film, and will not allow rights to the music.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Experience Hendrix LLC, the family-owned company that manages Hendrix’s music and publishing, released a statement saying that it does not support the film.
“[The Estate] has made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation.”
Experience Hendrix said it won’t sanction any films without the group’s participation from the very beginning.
“CEO Janie Hendrix, sister of Jimi Hendrix, and the EH board, have not ruled out a ‘biopic’ in the future, though producing partners would, out of necessity, have to involve the company from the inception of any such film project if it is to include original Jimi Hendrix music or compositions.”
As previously reported, John Ridley will direct the film from his original screenplay. Haley Atwell and Imogen Poots will appear in co-starring roles.
In making the film’s official announcement Thursday, producers said it will be based on actual interviews with Hendrix as well as archival materials.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here