*As Andre 3000 heads to Ireland to begin shooting the Jimi Hendrix biopic “All is By My Side,” the guitar legend’s estate has released a statement saying they are against the film, and will not allow rights to the music.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Experience Hendrix LLC, the family-owned company that manages Hendrix’s music and publishing, released a statement saying that it does not support the film.
“[The Estate] has made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation.”
Experience Hendrix said it won’t sanction any films without the group’s participation from the very beginning.
“CEO Janie Hendrix, sister of Jimi Hendrix, and the EH board, have not ruled out a ‘biopic’ in the future, though producing partners would, out of necessity, have to involve the company from the inception of any such film project if it is to include original Jimi Hendrix music or compositions.”
As previously reported, John Ridley will direct the film from his original screenplay. Haley Atwell and Imogen Poots will appear in co-starring roles.
In making the film’s official announcement Thursday, producers said it will be based on actual interviews with Hendrix as well as archival materials.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here