*The DNA of the man accused of killing Jennifer Hudson’s family was not found on the offending weapon, according to an expert witness in court.
Illinois State Police forensic scientist Pauline Gordon said she tested the gun and found an inadequate measure of DNA belonging to a man who was not a match for main suspect William Balfour, The AP reports. However, Gordon also told the court in Chicago that that a DNA sample may not be present if the killer had wiped the weapon clean, or had worn gloves.
The SUV vehicle which Jennifer’s brother Jason owned and which her nephew, Julian King, was found dead in was also tested by Gordon, who explained that she took swabs from door handles, the rearview mirror, gear shift and other areas of the car. Gordon also tested other objects, but said that she found nothing matching the murder suspect’s DNA.
Her colleague Robert Berk testified that he found gunshot residue on the ceiling above the rear seat of Jason Hudson’s car, and on a steering wheel cover in Balfour’s vehicle. Berk added that the residue on the steering wheel cover correlated with someone firing a gun, before driving the car.
Balfour faces three counts of first-degree murder relating to Jennifer’s mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, Jason and Julian in October 2008. He is also accused of home invasion, aggravated kidnapping, residential burglary and possession of a stolen motor vehicle and has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
The bodies of Hudson’s mother and brother were found in Donerson’s house. Julian – who was the son of Jennifer’s sister Julia – was not discovered until three days later in the rear seat of the car.
Previous witnesses have testified that 30-year-old Balfour, who is the ex-husband of Hudson’s sister, “made many threats” towards the Hudson family.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here