Presiding Judge Charles Burns ordered the jurors to stay the night at a hotel after they discussed the trial behind closed doors following the closing arguments.
For two weeks, the prosecution brought 83 witnesses to the stand and presented circumstantial evidence.
With no surviving witnesses to the murder, the state was forced to draw conclusions based on the testimonies of friends and family members.
The defense only called to the stand two witnesses, detectives, in an attempt to suggest investigators disturbed the investigation.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here