Do you think this even has a shot of ever happening?
For centuries on end, African Americans and minorities have lived under whites economically, while their businesses and the country as a whole and many others have been built on black slaves’ backs.
But when do we get payback for everything we’ve done.
Here’s an excerpt from columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins in a piece he did on the topic:
Most people of color might agree that Jamaica is not the only country where its citizens deserve reparations for slavery.
African Americans continue to endure the consequences of the slave trade to this day: Whites have a wealth level that is several times higher than our own, we don’t have the tax base to afford quality schools, and most of the major institutions in the United States are run by Whites. In fact, most African Americans work for predominantly White-owned companies, and the majority of them don’t get the opportunities they deserve.
Read more at NewsOne.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here