Do you think this even has a shot of ever happening?
For centuries on end, African Americans and minorities have lived under whites economically, while their businesses and the country as a whole and many others have been built on black slaves’ backs.
But when do we get payback for everything we’ve done.
Here’s an excerpt from columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins in a piece he did on the topic:
Most people of color might agree that Jamaica is not the only country where its citizens deserve reparations for slavery.
African Americans continue to endure the consequences of the slave trade to this day: Whites have a wealth level that is several times higher than our own, we don’t have the tax base to afford quality schools, and most of the major institutions in the United States are run by Whites. In fact, most African Americans work for predominantly White-owned companies, and the majority of them don’t get the opportunities they deserve.
Read more at NewsOne.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here