Do you think this even has a shot of ever happening?
For centuries on end, African Americans and minorities have lived under whites economically, while their businesses and the country as a whole and many others have been built on black slaves’ backs.
But when do we get payback for everything we’ve done.
Here’s an excerpt from columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins in a piece he did on the topic:
Most people of color might agree that Jamaica is not the only country where its citizens deserve reparations for slavery.
African Americans continue to endure the consequences of the slave trade to this day: Whites have a wealth level that is several times higher than our own, we don’t have the tax base to afford quality schools, and most of the major institutions in the United States are run by Whites. In fact, most African Americans work for predominantly White-owned companies, and the majority of them don’t get the opportunities they deserve.
Read more at NewsOne.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here