Do you think this even has a shot of ever happening?
For centuries on end, African Americans and minorities have lived under whites economically, while their businesses and the country as a whole and many others have been built on black slaves’ backs.
But when do we get payback for everything we’ve done.
Here’s an excerpt from columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins in a piece he did on the topic:
Most people of color might agree that Jamaica is not the only country where its citizens deserve reparations for slavery.
African Americans continue to endure the consequences of the slave trade to this day: Whites have a wealth level that is several times higher than our own, we don’t have the tax base to afford quality schools, and most of the major institutions in the United States are run by Whites. In fact, most African Americans work for predominantly White-owned companies, and the majority of them don’t get the opportunities they deserve.
Read more at NewsOne.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here