Do you think this even has a shot of ever happening?
For centuries on end, African Americans and minorities have lived under whites economically, while their businesses and the country as a whole and many others have been built on black slaves’ backs.
But when do we get payback for everything we’ve done.
Here’s an excerpt from columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins in a piece he did on the topic:
Most people of color might agree that Jamaica is not the only country where its citizens deserve reparations for slavery.
African Americans continue to endure the consequences of the slave trade to this day: Whites have a wealth level that is several times higher than our own, we don’t have the tax base to afford quality schools, and most of the major institutions in the United States are run by Whites. In fact, most African Americans work for predominantly White-owned companies, and the majority of them don’t get the opportunities they deserve.
Read more at NewsOne.
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here