Depending on one’s point of view, they either violate a principle of equal treatment or they’re justified on security grounds.
Among the accommodations:
* Hudson arrives each day through an undisclosed entrance, possibly through a back courthouse door. Other speculate she arrives and departs through a labyrinth of tunnels that run to and from an adjoining jailhouse.
* More than a half-dozen of Hudson’s personal bodyguards accompany her to court. Some occasionally talk into microphones embedded in their sleeves in the manner of Secret Service agents protecting the president.
* Several of Hudson’s personal security keep vigil by an elevator in the hallway, holding it for their boss during breaks and shooing away those not in her entourage.
* During lunch breaks, Hudson avoids the dilapidated first-floor eatery at the courthouse – where others reluctantly consumed microwaved, pre-made burgers – by dining on presumably delivered meals in a private room.
* Hudson waits for proceedings to begin each day in judge’s chambers. The rooms behind the trial room are normally off-limits to members of the public.
* Members of the public attending the trial must undergo a full-body pat-down outside the courtroom before entering. Hudson walks past deputies doing the pat-downs, though it’s possible she goes through security elsewhere.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here