Depending on one’s point of view, they either violate a principle of equal treatment or they’re justified on security grounds.
Among the accommodations:
* Hudson arrives each day through an undisclosed entrance, possibly through a back courthouse door. Other speculate she arrives and departs through a labyrinth of tunnels that run to and from an adjoining jailhouse.
* More than a half-dozen of Hudson’s personal bodyguards accompany her to court. Some occasionally talk into microphones embedded in their sleeves in the manner of Secret Service agents protecting the president.
* Several of Hudson’s personal security keep vigil by an elevator in the hallway, holding it for their boss during breaks and shooing away those not in her entourage.
* During lunch breaks, Hudson avoids the dilapidated first-floor eatery at the courthouse – where others reluctantly consumed microwaved, pre-made burgers – by dining on presumably delivered meals in a private room.
* Hudson waits for proceedings to begin each day in judge’s chambers. The rooms behind the trial room are normally off-limits to members of the public.
* Members of the public attending the trial must undergo a full-body pat-down outside the courtroom before entering. Hudson walks past deputies doing the pat-downs, though it’s possible she goes through security elsewhere.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here