*After years of playing the background as a backup singer for Alicia Keys, Jermaine Paul of Team Blake was voted the winner of NBC’s singing contest “The Voice” Tuesday night, nabbing a recording contract with Universal Republic Records, a $100,000 cash prize and a jump start on his dream solo career.
Paul collapsed into a hug from his coach Blake Shelton and wiped away tears as he thanked his wife, children, and all of the people who voted for him. He ended his speech by shouting, “Nobody but Jesus!” [Scroll down to watch.]
Through tears and a long embrace from his wife, he sang R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly” to close out the show, which he also belted in his final performance on Monday’s performance show.
Paul beat out fellow contestants Juliet Simms of Team Cee Lo (Green), Tony Lucca of Team Adam (Levine), and Chris Mann of Team Christina (Aguilera). Host Carson Daly revealed that Paul edged out second place finalist Simms by fewer than four percentage points.
Tuesday’s special two-hour finale included performances from stars such as Justin Bieber, Lady Antebellum, Flo Rida, and Hall & Oates. Also, past contestants from this season were invited back to perform with the four finalists.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here