*In Joan Rivers’ new book “I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me,” the comedian and host of E!s “Fashion Police” makes a joke about Whitney Houston that has made headlines today — for its timing, at the very least.
Michael Musto of the Village Voice posted the following Houston passage, which is in a section about traveling around the country:
I hate Houston. It’s crawling with bugs. …Oh, wait, that’s Whitney Houston; I’m sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)
Houston died unexpectedly in February, with drugs suspected to play a part in her accidental death. Her body was found in her hotel room the day before the Grammys.
Apparently, Rivers felt that enough time had passed to tell her Houston joke. In February, right after Houston’s death, she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that she had a joke but pulled it after Houston died.
She shocked some with a recent comment at the SAG Awards that Sofia Vergara is “more top heavy than an Italian cruise ship,” soon after the Costa Concordia sank in January.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here