*In Joan Rivers’ new book “I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me,” the comedian and host of E!s “Fashion Police” makes a joke about Whitney Houston that has made headlines today — for its timing, at the very least.
Michael Musto of the Village Voice posted the following Houston passage, which is in a section about traveling around the country:
I hate Houston. It’s crawling with bugs. …Oh, wait, that’s Whitney Houston; I’m sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)
Houston died unexpectedly in February, with drugs suspected to play a part in her accidental death. Her body was found in her hotel room the day before the Grammys.
Apparently, Rivers felt that enough time had passed to tell her Houston joke. In February, right after Houston’s death, she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that she had a joke but pulled it after Houston died.
She shocked some with a recent comment at the SAG Awards that Sofia Vergara is “more top heavy than an Italian cruise ship,” soon after the Costa Concordia sank in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here