*In Joan Rivers’ new book “I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me,” the comedian and host of E!s “Fashion Police” makes a joke about Whitney Houston that has made headlines today — for its timing, at the very least.
Michael Musto of the Village Voice posted the following Houston passage, which is in a section about traveling around the country:
I hate Houston. It’s crawling with bugs. …Oh, wait, that’s Whitney Houston; I’m sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)
Houston died unexpectedly in February, with drugs suspected to play a part in her accidental death. Her body was found in her hotel room the day before the Grammys.
Apparently, Rivers felt that enough time had passed to tell her Houston joke. In February, right after Houston’s death, she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that she had a joke but pulled it after Houston died.
She shocked some with a recent comment at the SAG Awards that Sofia Vergara is “more top heavy than an Italian cruise ship,” soon after the Costa Concordia sank in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here