*In Joan Rivers’ new book “I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me,” the comedian and host of E!s “Fashion Police” makes a joke about Whitney Houston that has made headlines today — for its timing, at the very least.
Michael Musto of the Village Voice posted the following Houston passage, which is in a section about traveling around the country:
I hate Houston. It’s crawling with bugs. …Oh, wait, that’s Whitney Houston; I’m sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)
Houston died unexpectedly in February, with drugs suspected to play a part in her accidental death. Her body was found in her hotel room the day before the Grammys.
Apparently, Rivers felt that enough time had passed to tell her Houston joke. In February, right after Houston’s death, she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that she had a joke but pulled it after Houston died.
She shocked some with a recent comment at the SAG Awards that Sofia Vergara is “more top heavy than an Italian cruise ship,” soon after the Costa Concordia sank in January.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here