*In Joan Rivers’ new book “I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me,” the comedian and host of E!s “Fashion Police” makes a joke about Whitney Houston that has made headlines today — for its timing, at the very least.
Michael Musto of the Village Voice posted the following Houston passage, which is in a section about traveling around the country:
I hate Houston. It’s crawling with bugs. …Oh, wait, that’s Whitney Houston; I’m sorry, my bad. (Can I just mention that Whitney looked fabulous at the Grammys? She was in mahogany from head to toe.)
Houston died unexpectedly in February, with drugs suspected to play a part in her accidental death. Her body was found in her hotel room the day before the Grammys.
Apparently, Rivers felt that enough time had passed to tell her Houston joke. In February, right after Houston’s death, she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that she had a joke but pulled it after Houston died.
She shocked some with a recent comment at the SAG Awards that Sofia Vergara is “more top heavy than an Italian cruise ship,” soon after the Costa Concordia sank in January.
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here