*More than 400 teens from across the country volunteered this past week to help D.C.’s underserved communities as part of the inaugural effort of Generation Hope Project, an outreach of Joel Osteen Ministries, to leave the host city of America’s Night of Hope in better shape after the event is done, reports the Christian Post.
For two days, Thursday and Friday, youths attended to the needs of the nation’s capital – doing landscaping, remodeling rooms and installing sensory toys for disabled children, among other projects. This is not only the first time for Generation Hope Project to invest volunteer service into a city, but also the first time Washington, D.C. has received such large-scale, unpaid help from outside the city, according to the Director of Community Affairs for District of Columbia Stephen Glaude.
“The mayor’s office couldn’t be more supportive [of Generation Hope Project’s work],” said Glaude to The Christian Post. “We just think it’s a wonderful thing to do. How many people come into a city to do business, to host an event, come in, get a lot of taxpayer dollars and leave without leaving the community a better place? So we are ecstatic that Pastor Osteen and Lakewood are here to do this.”
Read the full story at the Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here