*It’s safe to say that Joshua Ledet’s exit from “American Idol’s” final three on Thursday makes no difference when it comes to the future success he appears destined to achieve in the entertainment industry.
“I don’t know what’s next in my career because I haven’t really sat down with people and talked to them about that, but hopefully some good stuff,” he said backstage after bringing the house down – yet again – with his version of James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s World.”
Judge Randy Jackson says Josh put on a “super master class in singing” with his exit performance, seen in the video below.
The 20-year-old Westlake, La. native used his family church-steeped vocals to powerful effect throughout his “Idol” run, often bringing all three judges to their feet with his old-school soul – and even impressing artists whose songs he belted in the competition. India Arie said she was deeply moved by his rendition of her song, “Ready for Love,” and Fantasia joined the chorus of fans already calling him “Mantasia” after he sang her “American Idol” victory song “I Believe.”
The show has a tradition of pairing its contestants with famous singers for the season finale, and Ledet already has his fingers crossed that Fantasia will join him on stage, “because I love her so much,” he said.
As for the “Idol” tour, “I’m super excited about that,” he said. “We start rehearsals in a couple of weeks.”
And after the tour…the sky is the limit.
“So many people auditioned for this show and making it to top three was the most amazing feeling ever, so I’ve already accomplished a lot,” he said.
Below, Joshua tells us what advice he gave to the final two, Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.
Below, judge Jennifer Lopez says Josh’s exit has been the toughest for her this season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here