*It’s safe to say that Joshua Ledet’s exit from “American Idol’s” final three on Thursday makes no difference when it comes to the future success he appears destined to achieve in the entertainment industry.
“I don’t know what’s next in my career because I haven’t really sat down with people and talked to them about that, but hopefully some good stuff,” he said backstage after bringing the house down – yet again – with his version of James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s World.”
Judge Randy Jackson says Josh put on a “super master class in singing” with his exit performance, seen in the video below.
The 20-year-old Westlake, La. native used his family church-steeped vocals to powerful effect throughout his “Idol” run, often bringing all three judges to their feet with his old-school soul – and even impressing artists whose songs he belted in the competition. India Arie said she was deeply moved by his rendition of her song, “Ready for Love,” and Fantasia joined the chorus of fans already calling him “Mantasia” after he sang her “American Idol” victory song “I Believe.”
The show has a tradition of pairing its contestants with famous singers for the season finale, and Ledet already has his fingers crossed that Fantasia will join him on stage, “because I love her so much,” he said.
As for the “Idol” tour, “I’m super excited about that,” he said. “We start rehearsals in a couple of weeks.”
And after the tour…the sky is the limit.
“So many people auditioned for this show and making it to top three was the most amazing feeling ever, so I’ve already accomplished a lot,” he said.
Below, Joshua tells us what advice he gave to the final two, Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.
Below, judge Jennifer Lopez says Josh’s exit has been the toughest for her this season.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here