San Diego Chargers Chaplain Shawn Mitchell told ABCNews.com that Seau died of a “self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest this morning.” Seau was 43.
Seau’s mother broke down in tears at a press conference outside her son’s home this afternoon, saying “Take me, take me, leave my son, but it’s too late.”
Oceanside police chief Frank McCoy said a woman who identified herself as Seau’s girlfriend called 911 at 9:45 a.m. and told the dispatcher that she had found Seau unconscious in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest. McCoy said a handgun was found near Seau’s body, and authorities are investigating the former NFL player’s death as a suicide.
The Chargers released a statement to ABC News’ San Diego affiliate: “Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We ask everyone to stop what they’re doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family.”
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here