*Ex-Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland has announced she will not return as a judge on the U.K. version of “The X Factor” this summer, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
“Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel,” a spokesperson for her said, according to the BBC.
In the statement, the singer called her run on the ITV1 show “an incredible experience” and a “great opportunity.” Tabloids in the UK are suggesting that pay was one key issue in any decision about Rowland’s involvement with the show.
Take That star Gary Barlow was recently confirmed for a return to the judges’ panel for the new season of the talent competition show. But the show from Syco Entertainment, the joint venture of Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment, has been believed to be considering alternatives for Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh.
One person in the running for a spot on the panel is Dannii Minogue, according to some British media reports.
An” X Factor” spokesperson said the full line-up of judges would be unveiled “in due course.”
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here