*Ex-Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland has announced she will not return as a judge on the U.K. version of “The X Factor” this summer, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
“Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel,” a spokesperson for her said, according to the BBC.
In the statement, the singer called her run on the ITV1 show “an incredible experience” and a “great opportunity.” Tabloids in the UK are suggesting that pay was one key issue in any decision about Rowland’s involvement with the show.
Take That star Gary Barlow was recently confirmed for a return to the judges’ panel for the new season of the talent competition show. But the show from Syco Entertainment, the joint venture of Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment, has been believed to be considering alternatives for Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh.
One person in the running for a spot on the panel is Dannii Minogue, according to some British media reports.
An” X Factor” spokesperson said the full line-up of judges would be unveiled “in due course.”
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here