*Ex-Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland has announced she will not return as a judge on the U.K. version of “The X Factor” this summer, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
“Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel,” a spokesperson for her said, according to the BBC.
In the statement, the singer called her run on the ITV1 show “an incredible experience” and a “great opportunity.” Tabloids in the UK are suggesting that pay was one key issue in any decision about Rowland’s involvement with the show.
Take That star Gary Barlow was recently confirmed for a return to the judges’ panel for the new season of the talent competition show. But the show from Syco Entertainment, the joint venture of Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment, has been believed to be considering alternatives for Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh.
One person in the running for a spot on the panel is Dannii Minogue, according to some British media reports.
An” X Factor” spokesperson said the full line-up of judges would be unveiled “in due course.”
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here