*Rohan Marley, the 39-year-old son of the late reggae icon Bob Marley and father to five of Lauryn Hill’s six children, has just gotten engaged to model Isabeli Fontana, 28, of Brazil, she revealed to a magazine in her home country.
The couple met shortly after Rohan’s separation from Lauryn last year, when it became known that she was expecting a child with another man. Rohan also has two children from his first marriage to Geraldine Khawly.
Isabeli says she and Rohan are considering tying the knot in Ethiopia, where the Rastafarian movement was founded. ”Rohan told me we have to return to the roots so the marriage will last forever,” she told Brazil’s Veja magazine.
According to Veja, Rohan and Isabeli ”see each other very little” because she continues to live in Sao Paulo, Brazil while Rohan resides in New York.
The former University of Miami football player currently runs the Marley Coffee company and is currently on the big screen in the documentary, “Marley,” described as the definitive documentary about his legendary father. It begins with Marley’s nursery school teacher in St. Ann and ends heartbreakingly at the Bavarian clinic where he spent the last months of his life.
“The film, I think, did a great job capturing the human side of my father; who he is as a human being,” he told EURweb. “A human being really appreciative of life, who really loved to love, who really loved to do things to help people in many ways.”
Below, Rohan told us the most shocking thing he learned about the latter part of his father’s life while making the documentary. He also shares a poignant revelation about his father from the nurse who took care of him at the alternative cancer treatment clinic in Bavaria, Germany. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here