*Lenny Kravitz is getting into the footwear hustle.
Perhaps inspired by his stylist role in “The Hunger Games,” the singer/actor is creating a new line of slip-ons for Toms Shoes, according to the AP. [Scroll down for pics.]
Kravitz, son of the late “Jeffersons” star Roxie Roker, jumped at the opportunity after learning that the company donates shoes to needy children for every pair sold.
The brand’s popular espadrilles initially reminded Kravitz of “the shoes my mom would wear in the ’70s.” His actress daughter Zoe, a huge fan of Toms flats, reportedly encouraged him to sign up for the collaboration.
According to Toms’ blog, Kravitz worked closely with founder Blaky Mycoskie and his in-house design team on the collection. Unlike those designed by the last Toms guest designers–Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen–these shoes are not cashmere. Kravitz reworked the brand’s signature slip-ons by incorporating different patterns, including one print that features the title of his song, “Let Love Rule.”
Kravitz now stocks pairs of Toms for guests to wear when they visit his home, where he has banned street shoes.
“No shoes in my house. I like to lay around the floors, and I have nice floor coverings and shags and sheepskins, and I don’t like bringing in things from the outside,” he said.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here