*Lenny Kravitz is getting into the footwear hustle.
Perhaps inspired by his stylist role in “The Hunger Games,” the singer/actor is creating a new line of slip-ons for Toms Shoes, according to the AP. [Scroll down for pics.]
Kravitz, son of the late “Jeffersons” star Roxie Roker, jumped at the opportunity after learning that the company donates shoes to needy children for every pair sold.
The brand’s popular espadrilles initially reminded Kravitz of “the shoes my mom would wear in the ’70s.” His actress daughter Zoe, a huge fan of Toms flats, reportedly encouraged him to sign up for the collaboration.
According to Toms’ blog, Kravitz worked closely with founder Blaky Mycoskie and his in-house design team on the collection. Unlike those designed by the last Toms guest designers–Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen–these shoes are not cashmere. Kravitz reworked the brand’s signature slip-ons by incorporating different patterns, including one print that features the title of his song, “Let Love Rule.”
Kravitz now stocks pairs of Toms for guests to wear when they visit his home, where he has banned street shoes.
“No shoes in my house. I like to lay around the floors, and I have nice floor coverings and shags and sheepskins, and I don’t like bringing in things from the outside,” he said.
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here