*Lenny Kravitz is getting into the footwear hustle.
Perhaps inspired by his stylist role in “The Hunger Games,” the singer/actor is creating a new line of slip-ons for Toms Shoes, according to the AP. [Scroll down for pics.]
Kravitz, son of the late “Jeffersons” star Roxie Roker, jumped at the opportunity after learning that the company donates shoes to needy children for every pair sold.
The brand’s popular espadrilles initially reminded Kravitz of “the shoes my mom would wear in the ’70s.” His actress daughter Zoe, a huge fan of Toms flats, reportedly encouraged him to sign up for the collaboration.
According to Toms’ blog, Kravitz worked closely with founder Blaky Mycoskie and his in-house design team on the collection. Unlike those designed by the last Toms guest designers–Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen–these shoes are not cashmere. Kravitz reworked the brand’s signature slip-ons by incorporating different patterns, including one print that features the title of his song, “Let Love Rule.”
Kravitz now stocks pairs of Toms for guests to wear when they visit his home, where he has banned street shoes.
“No shoes in my house. I like to lay around the floors, and I have nice floor coverings and shags and sheepskins, and I don’t like bringing in things from the outside,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here