*Lenny Kravitz is getting into the footwear hustle.
Perhaps inspired by his stylist role in “The Hunger Games,” the singer/actor is creating a new line of slip-ons for Toms Shoes, according to the AP. [Scroll down for pics.]
Kravitz, son of the late “Jeffersons” star Roxie Roker, jumped at the opportunity after learning that the company donates shoes to needy children for every pair sold.
The brand’s popular espadrilles initially reminded Kravitz of “the shoes my mom would wear in the ’70s.” His actress daughter Zoe, a huge fan of Toms flats, reportedly encouraged him to sign up for the collaboration.
According to Toms’ blog, Kravitz worked closely with founder Blaky Mycoskie and his in-house design team on the collection. Unlike those designed by the last Toms guest designers–Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen–these shoes are not cashmere. Kravitz reworked the brand’s signature slip-ons by incorporating different patterns, including one print that features the title of his song, “Let Love Rule.”
Kravitz now stocks pairs of Toms for guests to wear when they visit his home, where he has banned street shoes.
“No shoes in my house. I like to lay around the floors, and I have nice floor coverings and shags and sheepskins, and I don’t like bringing in things from the outside,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here