On Power 105’s Breakfast Club show, the rapper talked about her new projects, but couldn’t help but focus a lot of her energy and interview time on the Young Money princess. Before questions could begin flowing about Minaj, Queen Bee threw an offensive punch, asking the hosts why they never grilled Ms. Minaj.
“She has a way of trying to avoid the situation, and y’all let her do it,” Kim charged before she hit on the root of their issue. So she revealed that before Nicki became the star she is, Kim was next in line to sign with Young Money.
“Me and Slim were friends for four years, and we decided that we were going to go into business together,” Kim said of her plans with CM co-CEO Ronald “Slim” Williams. “I was over there with Cash Money — I was getting ready to be partners with them.”
The rapper recorded “Grinding Makin Money,” in hopes of landing a deal and getting back into rotation. She said the single was supposed to be a great push for both parties including Nicki who was just a baby in the game at the time. But it didn’t work out, she thinks because the label didn’t want her involved with Nicki’s career.
“If that would’ve been a big video and a big event record, that would’ve been big for both of us,” Lil’ Kim reasoned. “But I personally think they didn’t want me to stand beside her, which is stupid.”
She even claimed that someone along the line copied her record.
“On her new album, she has a song called ‘Automatic,’ and the song is so similar to the song that I played for Slim,” Kim charged. “The problem with her is she was very catty with it. I never had a problem with her — I was always, always nice with her, always. She was a very obnoxious person, but I was always nice with her.”
The interview gets real heavy, especially when questions pop up about cosmetic surgery. Check it out:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here