With the season 2 premiere of “Single Ladies” just a week away (May 28), the actress opened up to Black Voices about Stacey Dash and other projects she’s got line up.
As far as her character, ‘Keisha,’ in the new season, she’s going to be a softer lady and a bit more open, she explained.
“Keisha is a little bit more vulnerable and open this year. I think when you have a character so strong and opinionated as Keisha you have to find faults and some weaknesses in her,” she said. “You have to find those wrongdoings in her that will make you root for her. Her and Malcolm get together but then her Malcolm also fall apart too. But her ex also comes back and adds some different spice into her life, which causes problems with Malcolm.”
RELATED: ‘Single Ladies’ in Need of Extras
Season one definitely won the hearts of millions of fans, but it also caught the brunt of sharp criticism.
But it doesn’t faze the actress. She said let them “come up with what they want to see. Until then, the people who live it, tune in.”
She also expressed a little sorrow about missing Dash on the show, but business is business. She was asked if she had reached out to Stacey since she left the show.
I did. We said Happy New Years to each other during New Years. And then I believe after that, I reached out to her one other time, but I want to say that I think she changed her number. But the last time that we actually communicated was New Years … One argument doesn’t break up a friendship unless it was something that was so personal, and it wasn’t personal, it was work related. We were tired, it was what it was and we moved past that. So I think that if either one of us held out against each other, we both would be fools, it’s not that serious.
Check out the full interview at Black Voices.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th B-day and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here