With the season 2 premiere of “Single Ladies” just a week away (May 28), the actress opened up to Black Voices about Stacey Dash and other projects she’s got line up.
As far as her character, ‘Keisha,’ in the new season, she’s going to be a softer lady and a bit more open, she explained.
“Keisha is a little bit more vulnerable and open this year. I think when you have a character so strong and opinionated as Keisha you have to find faults and some weaknesses in her,” she said. “You have to find those wrongdoings in her that will make you root for her. Her and Malcolm get together but then her Malcolm also fall apart too. But her ex also comes back and adds some different spice into her life, which causes problems with Malcolm.”
RELATED: ‘Single Ladies’ in Need of Extras
Season one definitely won the hearts of millions of fans, but it also caught the brunt of sharp criticism.
But it doesn’t faze the actress. She said let them “come up with what they want to see. Until then, the people who live it, tune in.”
She also expressed a little sorrow about missing Dash on the show, but business is business. She was asked if she had reached out to Stacey since she left the show.
I did. We said Happy New Years to each other during New Years. And then I believe after that, I reached out to her one other time, but I want to say that I think she changed her number. But the last time that we actually communicated was New Years … One argument doesn’t break up a friendship unless it was something that was so personal, and it wasn’t personal, it was work related. We were tired, it was what it was and we moved past that. So I think that if either one of us held out against each other, we both would be fools, it’s not that serious.
Check out the full interview at Black Voices.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here