*Just one month after its debut, Lifetime’s new Jennifer Love Hewitt drama series “The Client List” has been renewed for a second season with a 15-episode order, up from 10 for Season 1, reports Deadline.com.
Loretta Devine co-stars as the manger of a spa and message parlor that offers men happy endings on the down low. Texas housewife Riley Parks (Hewitt) who, after being deserted by her husband, takes a job at the spa not knowing that sexual favors are being offered there on the side. Conflicted at first, she seizes the opportunity and takes the job, balancing two starkly different lives — one as a single mom in a conservative town struggling to provide for her family and the other as a masseuse working with a rowdy and unpredictable group of women.
The pickup was expected following the series’ strong ratings start. “Client List” opened with 2.8 million viewers April 8 to log Lifetime’s most-watched series debut since the 2009 premiere of “Drop Dead Diva” (which also averaged 2.8 million viewers), and the second-largest premiere viewership in the last 5 years behind the 2007 launch of Lifetime’s flagship drama “Army Wives.”
Last week, the show was the No. 1 drama on basic cable among adults 18-49. “The Client List represents everything we want to be — fresh, exciting and original with attitude,” Lifetime president and GM Nancy Dubuc said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here