*D’Angelo, Janelle Monae and Rick Ross along with his Maybach Music Group are among the first booked acts announced by Jay-Z for his upcoming Budweiser Made in America Festival, to be held Sept. 1 and 2 at Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
As previously reported, Jay-Z is curating the festival, which will include the long-awaited live return of D’Angelo. Tickets for the show go on sale on Wednesday and more acts will be announced soon.
Among the 28 acts that will hit three stages for the show are first night headliners Pearl Jam, as well as Jay himself, Grammy-winning star Skrillex, Odd Future and the Maybach Music Group featuring Rick Ross, Wale and Meek Mill.
Other performers include Afrojack, Calvin Harris, Passion Pit, Santigold, Miike Snow, Dirty Projectors, X, Prince Royce, Rita Ora, the Knocks and a DJ set by Savoy.
Before unveiling the line-up for the fest, Jay said he was hoping to break down some barriers with the Labor Day gathering.
“Whenever I enter into a project, I try to hit on some touch points. The first thing is: Is it great?” Jay asked rhetorically at a May 14 press conference on the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. “The second one is: Is it gonna push the culture forward?”
Get More: Music News
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here