*D’Angelo, Janelle Monae and Rick Ross along with his Maybach Music Group are among the first booked acts announced by Jay-Z for his upcoming Budweiser Made in America Festival, to be held Sept. 1 and 2 at Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
As previously reported, Jay-Z is curating the festival, which will include the long-awaited live return of D’Angelo. Tickets for the show go on sale on Wednesday and more acts will be announced soon.
Among the 28 acts that will hit three stages for the show are first night headliners Pearl Jam, as well as Jay himself, Grammy-winning star Skrillex, Odd Future and the Maybach Music Group featuring Rick Ross, Wale and Meek Mill.
Other performers include Afrojack, Calvin Harris, Passion Pit, Santigold, Miike Snow, Dirty Projectors, X, Prince Royce, Rita Ora, the Knocks and a DJ set by Savoy.
Before unveiling the line-up for the fest, Jay said he was hoping to break down some barriers with the Labor Day gathering.
“Whenever I enter into a project, I try to hit on some touch points. The first thing is: Is it great?” Jay asked rhetorically at a May 14 press conference on the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. “The second one is: Is it gonna push the culture forward?”
Get More: Music News
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here