*D’Angelo, Janelle Monae and Rick Ross along with his Maybach Music Group are among the first booked acts announced by Jay-Z for his upcoming Budweiser Made in America Festival, to be held Sept. 1 and 2 at Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
As previously reported, Jay-Z is curating the festival, which will include the long-awaited live return of D’Angelo. Tickets for the show go on sale on Wednesday and more acts will be announced soon.
Among the 28 acts that will hit three stages for the show are first night headliners Pearl Jam, as well as Jay himself, Grammy-winning star Skrillex, Odd Future and the Maybach Music Group featuring Rick Ross, Wale and Meek Mill.
Other performers include Afrojack, Calvin Harris, Passion Pit, Santigold, Miike Snow, Dirty Projectors, X, Prince Royce, Rita Ora, the Knocks and a DJ set by Savoy.
Before unveiling the line-up for the fest, Jay said he was hoping to break down some barriers with the Labor Day gathering.
“Whenever I enter into a project, I try to hit on some touch points. The first thing is: Is it great?” Jay asked rhetorically at a May 14 press conference on the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. “The second one is: Is it gonna push the culture forward?”
Get More: Music News
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here