State Attorney Angela Corey disputed “misleading” stories she said Marissa, her family and her attorney have given to the media. But Marissa is now speaking to the media about Corey’s statements.
Here’s an excerpt from an interview by a Loop21 writer with Marissa.
Loop 21: State Attorney Angela Corey believes the media has done a poor job at informing the public about your case, in a way that’s fair to all parties. Is there something missing here?
Marissa Alexander: What’s missing is… unfortunately, Angela Corey is getting bits and pieces (of the story) from somebody who prefers perverted justice, which is Rico Gray. He’s gone on sworn statement and lied several times. So, I find it very difficult for her to believe anything that he has to say.
Loop 21: So, your story (in the media) isn’t inconsistent with anything contained in court records or anything used to prosecute your case?
MA: The truth doesn’t change. My truth has stayed the same. One of (Rico’s) his sons have corroborated my story, as well as Rico’s deposition.
Read more at Loop 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here