State Attorney Angela Corey disputed “misleading” stories she said Marissa, her family and her attorney have given to the media. But Marissa is now speaking to the media about Corey’s statements.
Here’s an excerpt from an interview by a Loop21 writer with Marissa.
Loop 21: State Attorney Angela Corey believes the media has done a poor job at informing the public about your case, in a way that’s fair to all parties. Is there something missing here?
Marissa Alexander: What’s missing is… unfortunately, Angela Corey is getting bits and pieces (of the story) from somebody who prefers perverted justice, which is Rico Gray. He’s gone on sworn statement and lied several times. So, I find it very difficult for her to believe anything that he has to say.
Loop 21: So, your story (in the media) isn’t inconsistent with anything contained in court records or anything used to prosecute your case?
MA: The truth doesn’t change. My truth has stayed the same. One of (Rico’s) his sons have corroborated my story, as well as Rico’s deposition.
Read more at Loop 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here