*Unfortunately Martin Lawrence’s pilot he shot for CBS won’t get picked up by the net, reports Deadline.
So much for the actor/comedian’s plans to return to network TV. At least for now.
In February, CBS ordered a pilot of Lawrence’s project, a comedy about a single-dad, who at 46, loses his construction job and embarks on a new career as a police offer. Former “Wonder Years” star Fred Savage had signed on to direct.
The comedy would have marked Lawrence’s return to TV after the popular sitcom “Martin,” which aired for 5 seasons in the mid-’90s on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here