*The queen of Hip Hop Soul explained the issues involving a recently revealed lawsuit regarding her charity.
Mary J. Blige and business partner Steve Stoute were faced with a serious issue when their organization, Mary J. Blige Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now [FFAWN], was hit with a major suit.
In a recent interview with Hot 97’s Angie Martinez, the singer explained that the worker bees dropped the ball when it came to paying off a $250,000 loan.
But the issue has been rectified and the organization is still up and running.
“It happens that FFAWN has been mismanaged [financially],” she explained. “When I found out about all these issues and things concerning FFAWN, I immediately got on the phone with my lawyers and my advisors and tried to rectify this and fix this so none of those women [aided by the charity] would suffer that are going to college…my goal is to do exactly what I set out to do and my motives were true and upfront: I set out to empower, encourage and help women and because I got a second chance myself, I wanted to give them a second chance. But it turns out that the business part of it was not managed properly…the funding that needed to come in for everything, the business side [of the organization] dropped the ball and everyone was about to suffer.”
Now that FFAWN is restructured, the grants and scholarships it’s known to distribute are secure for recipients in the future.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here