He retired from the hip hop industry 13 years ago to preach the gospel and eased his way back.
Also known as Mason Betha, the 34 year old shared on a TBN interview that some were worried about him going back to rap, afraid his commitment to the church would waiver.
“Why is it Christians are more confident in the Devil taking me more than Christ keeping me,” Betha questions. “What I have inside of me is more powerful than anything the world could ever offer me.”
Instead of going the entrepreneurial route, Mase went Christian and opened up El Elyon International Church and Mason Betha Ministries in Atlanta.
Despite his success, he said in an interview last month that he regrets making such a sudden transition.
“I didn’t give myself any room to grow, I went from one extreme to another extreme, I was just so gung ho about what I was learning, that’s all I wanted.
“I went so hard in one direction that people had things to say and rightfully so,” Betha said. “I don’t blame them for that [but] it’s been 13 years, let’s move on.”
All he’s asking of his fans and fellow worshippers is a word of prayer as he ventures back into a seemingly godless world.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Golden State Warriors and Steph Curry Mingle with Pres. Obama
- John Hairston: Why So Many R&B Radio Stations Are Becoming Black History!
- Kanye West 53 Million dollars in Debt; the TRUTH Behind the SHINE
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here