He retired from the hip hop industry 13 years ago to preach the gospel and eased his way back.
Also known as Mason Betha, the 34 year old shared on a TBN interview that some were worried about him going back to rap, afraid his commitment to the church would waiver.
“Why is it Christians are more confident in the Devil taking me more than Christ keeping me,” Betha questions. “What I have inside of me is more powerful than anything the world could ever offer me.”
Instead of going the entrepreneurial route, Mase went Christian and opened up El Elyon International Church and Mason Betha Ministries in Atlanta.
Despite his success, he said in an interview last month that he regrets making such a sudden transition.
“I didn’t give myself any room to grow, I went from one extreme to another extreme, I was just so gung ho about what I was learning, that’s all I wanted.
“I went so hard in one direction that people had things to say and rightfully so,” Betha said. “I don’t blame them for that [but] it’s been 13 years, let’s move on.”
All he’s asking of his fans and fellow worshippers is a word of prayer as he ventures back into a seemingly godless world.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here