*Michael Ealy returns to series television Friday night in the new USA series “Common Law,” which puts a twist on the age old practice of couple’s therapy.
Ealy, coming off a recurring role on CBS’ “The Good Wife,” stars with Warren Kole as dysfunctional LAPD partners Travis and Wes, respectively. They bicker constantly like an old married couple, so they get help from a no-nonsense therapist played by Sonya Walger.
“We were actually forced to go to therapy,” Ealy tells us during interviews for the series. “That wasn’t our call, it was our captain’s call. We kinda resent him for that.”
Producers noted that their relationship was an area worth examining for the course of multiple seasons.
“The specific component that sets this show apart for us as producers is we wanted to explore how men communicate with each other because there’s a difference between how men communicate versus women,” executive producer Karim Zreik told The Hollywood Reporter. “What happens when the guy you’ve been working with for seven years upsets you or you guys start fighting over something? Is it over in 10 minutes? Does it last a week? There were different elements of the male psyche we wanted to explore and there was no better way to do it than setting it in couples counseling because that is the last place men want to be.”
Below, Ealy and Kole say their characters do manage to get their job done effectively — despite not getting along.
“Common Law” premieres Friday, May 11, at 10 p.m. on USA. Watch a preview clip below.
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here