*Michael Jackson’s “Bad” will celebrate its 25th birthday this fall with a deluxe re-release. [Scroll down to watch a teaser.]
The King of Pop’s chart-topping 1987 album, which had five No. 1 songs – a feat not duplicated until Katy Perry sent five to No. 1 from 2010’s “Teenage Dream” – is being re-released on Sept. 18 by Epic/Legacy Recordings as part of a 3 CD box set.
The package will come with two commemorative booklets and the first ever DVD release of Jackson’s July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium in London in front of 72,000 fans, which formed part of his record-breaking seven night run at the venue.
“Bad 25” also includes one CD of the re-mastered original album, a CD of unreleased demos of classic tracks and songs not included on the album, and the audio from the Wembley show, the first live recording from the Bad tour released. The booklets will include rare and previously-unreleased photos from the album sessions and tour, original cover art, and a poster, among other things.
Epic/Legacy will be prepping a few releases building up to the on-sale date for the box set, including re-releasing the album’s first single “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” with an un-released bonus track “Don’t Be Messin’ Round” exclusively to Wal-Mart on June 5th, and following that CD single with an original vinyl re-release of the track with original B-Side “Baby Be Mine” on June 26.
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here