*Michael Jackson’s “Bad” will celebrate its 25th birthday this fall with a deluxe re-release. [Scroll down to watch a teaser.]
The King of Pop’s chart-topping 1987 album, which had five No. 1 songs – a feat not duplicated until Katy Perry sent five to No. 1 from 2010’s “Teenage Dream” – is being re-released on Sept. 18 by Epic/Legacy Recordings as part of a 3 CD box set.
The package will come with two commemorative booklets and the first ever DVD release of Jackson’s July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium in London in front of 72,000 fans, which formed part of his record-breaking seven night run at the venue.
“Bad 25” also includes one CD of the re-mastered original album, a CD of unreleased demos of classic tracks and songs not included on the album, and the audio from the Wembley show, the first live recording from the Bad tour released. The booklets will include rare and previously-unreleased photos from the album sessions and tour, original cover art, and a poster, among other things.
Epic/Legacy will be prepping a few releases building up to the on-sale date for the box set, including re-releasing the album’s first single “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” with an un-released bonus track “Don’t Be Messin’ Round” exclusively to Wal-Mart on June 5th, and following that CD single with an original vinyl re-release of the track with original B-Side “Baby Be Mine” on June 26.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here