*First Lady Michelle Obama will appear as a guest for a second time on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” on Tuesday, May 29 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT to discuss her first-ever book, “American Grown: The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America.”
The book takes readers inside the White House Kitchen Garden and offers an unprecedented look at every season of the garden’s growth, from the first planting to the latest harvest. The First Lady also shares stories of Americans who are actively engaged in community, school, and urban gardens across the country.
proceeds of Mrs. Obama’s book will benefit the National Park Foundation, the official non-profit of America’s national parks. Funds will go towards the continued care of the White House garden, as well as to programs promoting gardening, healthy eating and opportunities for young people to experience the outdoors to learn, discover and lead healthy active lives.
Mrs. Obama made her initial appearance on “The Daily Show” on October 8, 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here